View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me® button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
St. Louis-Kansas City Carpenters Regional Council
COMBAT currently funds more than 100 programs offering services throughout Jackson County. We’re continually looking to partner with new agencies that have new ideas for addressing the three core issues at the heart of COMBAT’s mission.
• Substance Abuse Prevention
• Substance Use Disorder Treatment
• Violence Prevention
To help such agencies navigate the COMBAT funding process, this workshop—How To Be A Successful COMBAT Applicant—will be held Wednesday, November 17. The three-hour workshop will focus on how agencies can work on meeting the basic requirements to be eligible for COMBAT funding.
Those basics include:
• 501 (c)(3) designation of non-profit status by the Internal Revenue Service
• Certified financial audit of agency operations in the past two (2) years
• IRS 990 of the organization’s operations filed within the past two (2) years
• Jackson County tax receipt for the prior year
• Jackson County Compliance certificate
• Certificate of good standing with the Missouri Secretary of State
• Liability insurance in the amount of at least $1 million per occurrence
• List of Board of Directors
• Identification of staff who will work on the project with their qualifications and certifications
The workshop will concentrate on how organizations can meet COMBAT’s basic requirements and secure the necessary documentation. It will also address resources available to possibly assist agencies in applying for COMBAT funding.
Former COMBAT Director Dr. Stacey Daniels-Young will conduct the workshop. Her extensive experience working with non-profits includes being Director of Research and Evaluation at the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, serving as President and CEO of the Black Health Care Coalition, and helping multiple volunteer agencies with strategic planning and clarifying their missions.
Daniels-Young has also led grant-writing workshops for groups seeking funding from private foundations and government sources.
• To attend the workshop, you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
• Proof of vaccination must be presented prior to entering the workshop. (Photo ID and vaccination card will need to be shown.)
• Proper wearing of masks will be required throughout the entire workshop.
• And social distancing will be practice.
• Pre-registration for the workshop is required.
• Register right now!